5/29/07

The Stage Life

My parents, E and I drove to visit my little sister at her summer job in a nearby state today. She is a performer (read: singer and dancer) at an amusement park there. This particular park has several live shows that run during the summer, one of which is a musical revue focusing on rock and roll hits from the 60s to the 90s or so. They were having Friends and Family Day, so we drove 6 or so hours to see the show for free!

It was a blast! She's always wanted to do a show like it, and it was great to see her in her element finally! She did a great job and made me teary-eyed at parts (which is ridiculous...I'm so emotional it's sickening...). The kid made me proud.

E danced through the entire thing. He was sooooo excited to see his "Lulu" up on stage. I'm really hoping to foster this music love in him, and I'd love to put him in dance lessons, but I know there's such a huge social stigma that I'm afraid I'm going to have to just teach him myself and wait till he's old enough to take break-dancing lessons or something. Because, you know, boys who dance are cool only if they throw themselves on the floor and contort themselves into weird positions. Because that's manly...

ANYWAY! At one point, the cast were performing Material Girl and the girls were dressed up in the classic Marilyn Monroe pink sheath gowns and gloves, and they happened to be breakaway gowns that ended up as little mini things. And of course, they were properly utilized in the show, much to the amusement of the audience.

Well, when asked what his favorite part of the show had been, E said "I liked it when they took their clothes off..."

Just wrong.

No comments:

www.flickr.com