1/5/12

So THAT'S how she does it

E and I were having a discussion about his piano teacher the other day, specifically on how he needs to speak up when he is addressing her or answering her questions, because she's (just giving a rough estimate here...) 120 years old and can't hear him when he mumbles. I explained that he also needs to give a firm answer and look at her when he speaks, both because of the hearing thing and because he needs to show her respect because she is his elder.

To which he responded, "She's not my elder. She's someone's elder, but she's not mine!"
I then had to elaborate a bit on the strict definition... "...and that means she's my elder, too.  And Noni and Poppa's."
"<gasp> She's Noni's elder, too?"
"Yes, son, Ms Piano Teacher's probably <insert not-so-highly-inflated-number> years old! How old do you think Noni is?!"
"Well, I know she's old. I just thought I kept her looking young with all our sword-fighting."

I then laughed so hard that he told me "Mom, you're laughing so loudly the eagles will hear you."
Which didn't help.

No comments:

www.flickr.com