1/9/12

Ode

You gave me a golden day
I met you as the bells rang your freedom
your face at the doors was full of joy
at my unexpected presence
There were only a few steps to take
and the world was glorious
the sun had deigned to grace us 
with an autumnal glow at the heart of winter
so you and I walked instead
We might have been in Oz
you led me by such bright pathways
you dazzled me with laughter
your being demanding exuberance
and all my concentration, all my focus
on your hand in mine
We skipped along the cemented streets
where strangers could distantly observe
only the reflection of this affection
while poetry danced in every sweet angle of your face
I so easily forget the wonder you are
when I'm separate from you for a week, day, moment
and then you smile
fascinate me anew
I could spend my life reaching
for understanding of what I've been given
Your love is so far beyond
what my heart can grasp

No comments:

www.flickr.com