8/21/10

Well, it's kind of true. Sorry, Mom. (Kidding! I'm kidding!)

The other evening, I was reading through an ACS chapter for my residency curriculum when E sidled up beside me (in an attempt to avoid going to bed, which is what he was supposed to be doing), and leaned on my shoulder to peruse the article.

"Is this for a test?" He asked after a few moments of glaring intently at the page.

"Kind of," I replied. "My teacher is going to be asking me questions about it and I need to know the answers."

"Is this teacher a he or a she?"  He demanded.

"A who or a what?!"

"A he or a she! A boy or a girl!" He exclaimed.

"Um, there's one of each, I suppose. Does it matter?!" I cluelessly inquired.

He shot me a look that said "well, clearly, it matters or I wouldn't be asking. Now do you want my help or  not?" I cowered beneath his disdain.

"Well, what is this about?" He returned to the topic at hand, having properly subdued me, and gestured to the paper.

"It's about old people who need surgery."

"Ah..." He nodded knowingly. "That sounds like a crusty job."

I don't know where he gets these words.  Or his usage of them.  But it keeps my life full of laughter so I don't really care.

No comments:

www.flickr.com