11/28/10

We had not one, but two Thanksgivings this year.  We had Fakesgiving, where my in-laws visited my parents' house on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, because E was going to his dad's house for actual Thanksgiving (which turned out well because I took q2 call over Thanksgiving...and it almost killed me).  And then we trekked down to the in-laws' homestead on my post-call day (and I spent most of my time en route and en scene sleeping...) and ate more Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm fairly certain I never want to see another turkey again.

At least not until Christmas...

So I'm giving thanks this year that I have a pair of excellent cooks for a mother and a mother-in-law.  Because the Lord knows I'm not an excellent cook and my limited skills will have to undergo somewhat of a miracle to get up to par when it's my turn to take over the holiday meal-making.  I'm betting it'll be a while, though. Or my sister/one of my sisters-in-law will do the duty.

A girl can dream.

No comments:

www.flickr.com