12/9/08

Aspirations...

Tonight, while driving home from basketball practice: "Mom, I'd like my job to be a person who helps people cross the streets.  There's one of those guys at my school, and I'd like to do that."

Admittedly, that's an improvement from his latest Life Goal.  He dropped this bomb on me last week: "I'm not going to have work when I grow up.  I'll be too busy with basketball and soccer and guitar and all my activities I'm going to be doing.  I might be in the Olympics, but maybe not because it's really hard.  So I'm not going to have a job, because I don't want to take other people's money.  I don't care about money.  I just want to have my own money, so I can do my activities I want to do."

I gotta admit, he has a point.  There's a very good outlook on life in there.  Somewhere.

No comments:

www.flickr.com