12/2/07

He Teaches Me Well

Note: I can't remember if I've already blogged this, or when exactly it happened. But it was in the last couple of months, so...

Driving home one night, E asked me how God made space. I started describing the Big Bang theory, basically ending with "So it was a big explosion, isn't that cool?!"

E flatly denied it, saying "Mom, that's not cool, that's dangerous. Someone could have gotten hurt."

Resuming my role as stern safety regulations officer, I replied "You're right, that's true, but there weren't any people or animals around then, so no one was there to get hurt."

E shot back, "God and Jesus were there!"

Getting a bit desperate now, I floundered "Yeah, well, God and Jesus can't be hurt, sweetheart."

Without pause, my 4-year-old: "But, MOM, Jesus died!!"

Needless to say, I lost the argument.

I hope he becomes a lawyer.

That way, he'll be able to take care of/support his mother when she's lost all of her neurological function from racking her brains in order to hold intelligent conversations with him.

No comments:

www.flickr.com