6/8/07

A Little Bit at a Loss

So, E left Tuesday to spend 2 weeks with his dad, and I am, as the title so clearly states, a little bit at a loss for words. And for what to do with myself while he's gone. I mean, I'd like to think I'm not one of those parents who's completely and utterly wrapped up in my child. But the fact is that he's larger than life for me (I mean, how could he not be, he's pretty much a midget...) and when he's gone, life seems a lot more bland.

No cutesy things to post about. No mommy issues banging around in my head. No goodnight stories. No spontaneous kisses. No counting to three. And then five. And then ten.

Just silence. And much sleeping in. Which, granted, I'm not complaining about that, per se. But I do rather miss my alarm clock.

Xbox and the internet do their best to keep me occupied, but they're only human constructs. My son is a gift from God. And it's rather difficult to not get hung up on how wide the gap really is.

So I'm trying not to post, to prevent myself from becoming far too lachrymose. I may go back and finish some of the posts that I just grew bored of before they made it into the stark reality of the web. Keep your eyes open.

And think of something for me to do.

No comments:

www.flickr.com